Become A Member
- SELF ADVOCATE – Fee waived
- PARENT / CAREGIVER
- AGENCY ASSOCIATE – Fee waived (an employee of a member agency who participates in committee work and other affairs of the council but is not designated as a voting representative by the agency)
- INDIVIDUAL (a member who has an interest in the local disabilities community)
- VENDOR (a local business seeking to support and collaborate with the local disabilities community)
- FAMILY MEMBER ASSOCIATES (A non-voting member) – Fee waived
Why Become A Member?
• To stay informed regarding updates and changes within the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) State agency and how it may affect the people you serve or your loved one.
• Dues help support the annual Family Support and Transition Fair, the Community Breakfast, the Celebrating Achievement gathering and the Direct Support Professional Recognition event.
• Agency members and Vendors are listed on the SIDDC website with a direct link to their agency website and their education/training presentations are posted on the featured events calendar.
• Voting members vote on SIDDC business.
How To Become A Member
• If you would prefer to mail us your membership application , please download and print our PDF membership application form. You may mail the form and annual membership dues to our office at:
The Elizabeth Connelly Resource Center
930 Willowbrook Road, Building 41A
Staten Island, New York 10314
The SIDDC is a wonderful resource for families of individuals with developmental disabilities. They are a group of dedicated advocates that I have come to rely on as a resource for many years. The SIDDC helps me to stay informed about all the changes impacting services for my son. They keep me informed of legislative issues that require a call to action, and are where I turn when I need information about present and future needs for my son. The depth of knowledge at the SIDDC is a resource that every family of a child with special needs can rely on without question. I highly recommend becoming a member of the SIDDC to the families of individuals with special needs and professionals who devote their time and hearts to assisting them.
My son Marco is 14yrs old and has Down’s syndrome & Autism. I feel very fortunate that he was born during a time and in a place where there are so many resources and knowledgeable people willing to share their experiences and education. The SI Developmental Disabilities Council’s various committees provide information and network opportunities to both parents and professionals at various stages.
When a child is diagnosed with a disability their family is thrust into a new world, with a new language and a maze of information. The SIDDC help parents and professionals bridge the gaps of information and resources for those in need. Over the course of my son’s life I’ve been active in a few of the SIDDC committees and as he gets older I’m sure I’ll be utilizing additional committees.
It’s comforting to know that there are resources and supports available to Staten Island’s disabled community only a phone call or website search away. And most importantly a group of people that meet regularly to brainstorm and continue the flow of information to those who want to better the lives of the entire SI community. I’m truly appreciative to have such a imperative resource available to my family.
I highly recommend the SIDDC. It is a great resource to family and individuals as well as agency providers alike. They have a wealth of information that can bring value and advocate for the community and those in need of help.